Visit the U.S. Department of State’s website for additional information at travel.state.gov.
*Please note, we cannot accept the DS-82 RENEWAL forms - Click HERE to see who should use this form and how to submit it to the U.S. Department of State for processing.
Passport Walk-In Week
Current Processing Times
The U.S. Department of State has updated their processing times. These timeframes do not include mailing times which can vary across the country. Processing times begin from the day your application is received at the U.S. Department of State's Passport Agency, not the day you apply for your passport.
Routine Service is currently 10-13 weeks
Expedited Service (for an additional fee) is currently 7-9 weeks
Passport Fees - Checks or Money Orders Only - NO CASH
Reminders for your appointment
- Complete the passport application before arriving for your appointment -- do not sign it.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship AND current form of photo ID.
- A separate check or money order to the U.S. Department of State.
- A separate check or money order to the City of Sterling Heights for the application fee & photo fee.
- Passport application may be handwritten or printed in black ink but can not have any corrections or white-out.
Proof of Citizenship & Current ID
Please visit the Department of State website for the most up-to-date list of acceptable proof of citizenship and ID requirements.
Passport Photo Tips
- Wear neutral colored clothing with no prints or graphics near your head.
- Hair must be kept off of your face for the photo.
- Hats and head coverings may not be worn in the photo, except for religious purposes which require a signed statement.
If you still have questions regarding your passport appointment, please email email@example.com.