News Flash Home
The original item was published from 8/11/2015 4:54:00 PM to 8/25/2015 5:05:00 PM.

News Flash

Sterling Heights Library

Posted on: August 11, 2015

[ARCHIVED] Sterlingfest History Quiz

Upton House

The answers to the 2015 Sterlingfest quiz are here! The answers are:

1. How many sons did William and Sarah Upton have?
A. 1
B. 2
C. 3 (correct answer)
D. 4
E. none

2. Who was the owner of the corner where the Upton House stands according to the 1916 plat map?
A. William Upton
B. Fred Heldt (correct answer)
C. Fred Ahrens
D. W. Curtis
E. Chris Weir

3. Where was the Sterling Township Hall located in 1966?
A. Dodge Park and Utica Rds.
B. Schoenherr and Hall Rds.
C. Van Dyke and 16 Mile Rd.
D. Mound and 17 Mile Rd.
E. Van Dyke and Plumbrook (correct answer)

4. What was used to create energy to run tools on the Doebler farm on Canal Rd.?
A. Windmill (correct answer)
B. Mules
C. Water
D. Solar panels
E. Coal

5. The forged steel spike in the display case was once part of:
A. Burr School
B. The Underground Railroad
C. A stagecoach
D. A plow
E. The Clinton Kalamazoo Canal (correct answer)

6. The 1920s Faygo pop bottle in the display case was found:
A. At Meijers
B. At the Ford plant
C. At Stevenson High School
D. On the old Belvedere Park property (correct answer)
E. Behind a gas station

Facebook Twitter Email