Current Endowment Funds
Here is a list of the Permanent Endowment Funds currently held by the Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation:
- Lil Adams Memorial Endowment to Benefit Turning Point
- BAE Systems STEM Scholarship Endowment
- Donna Bozymowski Endowment for Children with Autism & Special Needs
- Dr. Martin Brown Endowment for Children with Special Needs
- Clinton River Trail System Endowment
- Community Arts Endowment
- Community Foundation General Endowment
- Doebler Family Foundation Endowment
- Doebler Family Library Children’s Programs Endowment
- Doebler Family Rotary Park Maintenance Endowment
- Ford Motor Company Veterans Day Endowment
- Fraternal Order of Police Lodge #118 Imus Park Endowment
- Friends of the Sterling Heights Public Library Fund Endowment
- General Dynamics Land Systems Engineering Scholarship Endowment
- Ann Marie Given International Language Endowment
- Mark A. Hackel Junior Leadership Macomb Endowment
- Ronald Himmler Science Scholarship Endowment
- Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Scholarship Endowment
- Michael S. Lazzara Sterling Heights Youth Football Endowment
- Macomb County Chiropractic Association Endowment for Children with Special Needs
- Mandziuk & Son Alex J. Miesel Permanent Endowment
- Marling Beautification Endowment
- Mayor Richard J. Notte Public Service Scholarship Endowment
- Oracle Endowment for the Arts
- Karl G. Oskoian Endowment for the Arts & Culture
- Ruby and Mark Pasik Endowment for the Sterling Heights Dog Park
- Professional Public Management Education Endowment
- Quality of Life Endowment
- Barbara W. Rossmann Endowment for Sterling Heights Parks
- Rotary Club of Sterling Heights Park Endowment
- Selfridge ANG/Base Community Council College Scholarship Endowment
- Stellantis Education Endowment
- Tobacco Quality of Life Endowment
- Tom Kroll Scholarship Endowment
- Wujek Calcaterra and Sons Scholarship Endowment
Organizations and individuals interested in leaving a lasting legacy may establish their own named Permanent Endowment Fund with our Foundation for a $5,000.00 minimum contribution. You may name the Fund and determine where the earnings are disbursed (scholarships, cultural activities, parks and recreation, etc.)
The Foundation also offers a “Build a Legacy” program where an individual may contribute $1,000 per year for five years to build a new Permanent Endowment Fund which is formally established once the $5,000 minimum threshold is achieved. The funds are invested in the interim, along with other Foundation funds, to help build the new Permanent Endowment. Incomplete funds will benefit the Foundation’s General Endowment.
All Permanent Endowment Funds are perpetual, in accordance with the I.R.S. 501 (c ) (3) rules which the Foundation abides by. The principal of each Fund is never touched and only the earnings of any of the Permanent Endowment Funds are contributed to each named cause. The Funds are established to benefit the causes dear to each donor in the name of their choosing forever.
Endowment Fund Program
Programs and services are too often measured by who benefits today. Truly innovative and successful programs and services that sustain success for future generations will be viewed as a milestone of greatness. This is your opportunity with the Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation.
Donations & Investors
The Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation recognizes that today’s philanthropists are donors and investors who seek to make their giving as uncomplicated and effective as possible. Giving in partnership with the Foundation’s Endowment Fund Program offers simplicity, flexibility and maximum tax advantages for funds contributed while meeting community needs.
The Foundation welcomes contributions and bequests of any amount. Gifts may be made during one's lifetime, or as a gift through a bequest or trust. Besides the impact to the community, your gift to the Foundation offers numerous benefits including perpetuity, tax advantages, flexibility and professional management.
The Community Foundation accepts many different types of gifts, including:
- Appreciated securities
- Charitable Gift Annuity
- Charitable Remainder Distribution from an IRA
- Charitable Trusts
- Insurance policies
- Personal Property
- Real estate
- Remaining Retirement Plan Assets
A gift can be made in your name, anonymously or in memory of a loved one.
You may give a gift directly supporting one of the existing Endowment Funds or you may start your own Endowment Fund to meet your specific goals and interests. Endowment Funds are permanent funds where only the earnings are used for future grant distribution. The principal is held in perpetuity and is invested for growth.
All gifts benefit our community and are accorded the maximum tax deduction by the IRS. The Sterling Heights Area Community Foundation is a 501 (c) (3) corporation.
To make a donation or for more information, please contact the Community Foundation at (586) 446-2470.