File a Police Report

Emergency or Non-Emergency Reports

If this is an emergency, please call 911. If it is an non-emergency, please come in person to the Sterling Heights Police Department to file a police report. We are open 24/7.

Please confirm the following to find out if filing a report is right for you:
  • This is not an emergency.
  • There are no injuries.
  • There are no known suspects.
  • This incident occurred within the Sterling Heights City limits.
  • There is no evidence to collect at the incident location.
  • There are no witnesses to the incident.

Please Note

  • Upon review, if further investigation of your case is needed, you may be contacted.
  • Upon successful completion of your report, it will be made available for purchase at the Sterling Heights Police Department Records counter located in the lobby of the Police Department between the hours of Monday - Thursday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Filing a false police report is a crime and will be investigated by our police department.

Types of Incidents

You can report a variety of incidents including but not limited to the following:

  • Family or Business Disputes
  • Lost Property
  • Neighborhood Problems
  • Property Damage
  • Simple Threats / Harassment
  • Suspicious Activity
  • Theft of Gasoline
  • Traffic Complaints

For More Information

If your incident is not listed in the category selection list, or you have more questions please call the Sterling Heights Police Department non-emergency line at (586) 446-2800.