Property Damage Reports

Crimes Against Property Report

When making the report, citizen should have the description of the item(s) damaged or stolen along with the serial number and value of the item(s). Also needed is the approximate time and location of the incident.

Property Damage Accident Report

An accident report is required by law for property more than $1,000. If the parties involved decide to file the accident report at the Sterling Heights Police Department, both parties need to be present or the report will not be taken. Follow-up regarding accident reports will be conducted by the Traffic Bureau at 586-446-2920.

Private Property Accident

  • Information on the date, time, and location of the collision are needed
  • Proof of insurance
  • Vehicle registration