Courthouse Ceremony

Marriages are performed at the courthouse by appointment only on Tuesdays and Thursdays at either 10:30 a.m. or 2:00 p.m. Please complete and return the Marriage Ceremony Request form below to be contacted by court staff regarding scheduling a ceremony. 

What you need: Bring all copies of your marriage license, the mailing envelop that you received with the licenses and the $10 marriage fee. You will first go to the cashiers desk and pay the fee then head to the lower level labeled "probation" and have a seat until your party is called. All attendees are encouraged to arrive 15 minutes prior to the ceremony. Late arrivals may cause the ceremony to be cancelled.

Ceremony Location

Magistrate Hearing Room - lower level of courthouse
40111 Dodge Park Road
Sterling Heights, MI 48313

Magistrate/Judges do not perform ceremonies outside of the courthouse


At least one party must reside in the county of Macomb. Two witnesses over 18 are required. The court does not provide witnesses.


The fee is $10 for a marriage ceremony. Acceptable forms of payment include cash, check or money order (made payable to the 41A District Court), or credit card.

Marriage Licenses

You must have the marriage ceremony within 33 days from your marriage license application date. It is recommended that you submit your marriage ceremony request prior to gaining your marriage license to ensure that you can request the date that you want within the 33 day time constraints. If you already have your license, the "solemnize by" date on your license is the last day you can have your ceremony before your license expires. 

For information regarding marriage license applications, please visit the Macomb County Clerk's Office website.

Language Assistance

Please note that if either party is unable to speak and/or understand English, a state-qualified interpreter will be required. If the magistrate determines that an interpreter is required and one is not present, the wedding ceremony will need to be adjourned to a later date. Depending on scheduling availability, this may require the issuance of a new marriage certificate. Parties are responsible for coordinating their own interpreters, and must select an interpreter who is state-qualified. Please click this link for a list.
If you have any questions, please email for assistance.